Translate

Friday, September 27, 2013

My Etihad Experience

My Etihad Experience

Flying to the U.A.E. for business was not my first time. It was the first time though that I was travelling with Etihad Airways.

Being the number one airline for the past years and having received 118 awards in total, I just could't wait to see first hand, if they would live up to my expectations.  

The positive impressions I got before, during, and after my flights were many, so I will share some of the highlights.

1)The meal I had requested when booking the flight, was brought to me before others, and even though my seat had been changed in the last minute due to an upgrade.

2) The Etihad personnel was happy to serve and assist me throughout my entire trip whether I was in the plane, bus or terminal.  

3) One of the plane assistants, observing the cue at the toilets, asked me if I wanted to wait for a minute before I entered to sanitize the area.

4) One of the plane assistants at my returning flight greeted me fair well calling me by my name (I do not know how he managed to remember my face and name amongst a full plane 5 hours later!)

5) Being an Etihad passenger going through the check-in at the terminal, I avoided a crowd of people trying to check-in also but travelling with other airlines.

6) Etihad bus arrangements to take me from Abu Dhabi to Dubai after my arrival were great but I was impressed more by their travel stations that were fully equipped with personnel and facilities to assist travellers.

One thing I can say for sure, is that my overall experience was up to expectations and beyond. Their service even when travelling in economy class feels like a lot more than what you get anywhere else.

I am sure that Etihad have really re-written the service manual and can be a great example not only for other airlines but businesses in general.

It is indeed no wonder why they are at the top of the world and keep expanding so rapidly.

The question for you is:

1)How good are you (and your business) in exceeding customer expectations?

2)Have you re-written the service manual in your industry?








 

No comments:

Post a Comment