Translate

Monday, November 11, 2013

The power of sharing on Social Media

The power of sharing on Social Media

Creating great content that people want to read is an absolute must if you are looking to boost your product or service through Social Media.

Creating great content though and having the ability to share it, so many people can read it are two separate things.

At the end of the day what is great content without readers? And by saying readers we mean your prospective customers or people who will bring you customers!

I will share with you a recent event to show you just how important sharing your content is. As a hobby I contribute with to a Blog I started sometime ago with my wife called www.secretcyprustravel.blogspot.com.
We basically share our stories from travelling around Cyprus using pictures and videos and show a different view of our beautiful island.

When we visited the village of Agios Theodoros and wrote our article, I mentioned our cousin Anna who gave us the tour that day. When I met with Anna a couple of weeks later and told her that the top 5 articles appear on the Blogs page for everyone to see, she immediately thought to share the article with as many people she knew to promote the story of her village at the top 5.  

Along with her friend Artemis they started sharing the story through Facebook and emailing the link to their friends. A couple of hours later the article climbed into the 6th position and by the next day it was at place 3.
Another day later and it is now the most popular story ever!

This initiative brought more than 200 page-views in my Blog for that story only in just a few days! This equals to 10% EXTRA views on the monthly average.

One of the lessons here is that great content must be exciting and useful to the people you target.

Another lesson is to let people know inside and outside Social Media what it is you actually do and want to achieve.

I find often that people have questions as to what I actually do and offer through my Blog. Once they do realize they get even more excited and share my enthusiasm.

Sharing content has far too many ways to be achieved and perhaps in another article I will expand more. For the mean time I hope my example shows you how important "sharing" is for what you do.





No comments:

Post a Comment