Translate

Monday, December 2, 2013

Being Social and delivering Great Service

Being Social and delivering Great Service! 

Being Social inside and outside Social Media has no much difference. The extension of being Social is the customer service you provide each and every day! When you want to provide Great service, then being social is not an option but rather a necessity.

I was recently travelling to visit some family friends in Archimandrita village in Pafos. I had to pass from Kouklia village first in order to get the food they had ordered from a local restaurant.

Once I found the restaurant, I went inside to pick up the food. The owner, a nice lady called Maria Efrem, greeted me with a smile and already new why I was there!

She immediately informed me that the food was not ready yet and I had to wait for a while. In the mean time she offered me a warm home made soup and a glass of local wine! Needless to say how delighted I was since it was cold outside and the soup was just what I needed.

During the next 25 minutes Maria had a talk with all her customers at the restaurant in fluent English (everyone was a foreigner). She also made me feel at home at the same time by opening a conversation.

By the time the food was ready we exchanged business cards and I already knew I would be visiting this place again!


Being Social pays off, and Big time! Either inside or outside Social Media the rules are the same. Maria's example of making me feel comfortable  and offering a soup that made me feel great is a small price to pay to get a good reputation, more sales and free publicity!

The question is: how do you treat your customers? Are you a social business delivering Great service and hospitality? Are you applying the rules both inside and outside Social Media?





                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment